Sexy and Stupid

Hot News and Reviews Around The World

ad

David Barton Gym

Let's be honest here: I go to the gym to look good. Yes, being healthy is important to me but really what's even more important is that I look hot. It's why I drink Diet Coke and use Splenda - I *know* it's causing cancer, but you know what? At least I'll be thin when I die. And that's really where my priorities are.

If you are in love with your reflection, you will LOVE David Barton. The unusually-dim gym has strategically placed lighting on the machines and benches. The result is ridiculously flattering lighting that hits you in all the right places.

Monthly rates are around the $115-$125 range, with an $80 student rate. While this may seem a bit high for most people, you definitely get what you pay for. The gym is robustly staffed and the place is kept in great order and is IMMACULATE. Coming from poorly-kept Bally's this is a huge step up for me. The bathrooms are stocked well with Bumble and Bumble products, razors, Listerine, you name it. There is a nice list of classes that go on at all hours of the day and there is a separate yoga studio and spinning studio. The machines are top-of-the-line and maintained properly. The cardio equipment all have cable tv feeds on their mini screens and often there are live DJs spinning.

This DB location is iconically a gay gym - David Barton's wife Susanne Bartsch is even a gay nightlife promoter. There aren't that many women that go here so it's probably a GREAT gym for women. The one loss of a star here is for how jam-packed it gets during peak hours. You will wait for at least a few machines and at the free weight wall it's shoulder to shoulder.

When I go to David Barton, I feel posh, pampered and pretty. And you know what? I deserve it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ad

Counter

Gift of Reading

Browse Amazon

Blog Archive